Wellness Coaching for Actors, Singers, Artists
and Those That Create Art of Any Kind
Do you ever feel like:
- You want to quit the business?
- Your auditions just aren't working for you?
- How you come across isn't working for you?
- Your look is all wrong?
- You don't come close to all the talent out there?
As an actor, singer and creative person, I have encountered many barriers throughout my 47 years of life that block the creativity needed to be at the top of my game. When I take a good look at what might be a creative block, it all comes down to a wellness issue in my personal life that is affecting my professional life as an artist.
In my professional rehab, health and therapy training, I recognize that there are very hopeful and accessible ways to get through the barriers to lead us onto a wellness path. That path then leads to expanding creativity and developing your skills as an artist to more easily move through barriers. Being more goal directed and focused with a coach leads to successful artistry. Action equals results.
Therapy and counseling vs wellness lifestyle coaching:
I have met many people in the arts (and have several friends) who "can't wait" for their next therapy session where they talk about simple life issues and get "advice" or "feedback" about what they should do and what does it all mean in the scheme of things? An example of this is when someone has a phone chat with their mom which they cant deal with and so they spend so many dollars for a therapy session to sort it all out. Does this really help you in your professional arts career, or is it just a way to help you cope with your mom?
My approach for artists is simpler, more direct and very goal oriented to help you achieve what it is you want in life and need for a better quality of life !! Therapy is important for most people, but having a regular coach who knows your daily goals and works to empower you to achieve them is necessary for fulfilling your dreams ! Coaching helps you to quickly get at the barriers affecting your work and achieve your goals, not just talking about them.
What we WILL achieve together and develop is your total well-being: physical, social, mental, emotional, spiritual - whatever it is that you say are important goals to achieve and barriers to break through.
The GOAL oriented coaching approach:
Let's say you feel like you need to leave the business because you just aren't getting anywhere. The "getting anywhere" is calling for more goal direction and focus in a blossoming career. The wellness coaching that is offered helps you to unravel the barriers and "get SOMEwhere" quickly, with more confidence and with a new perspective.
HOW IT WORKS
- You will be given a self-assessment of your levels of wellness in 8 different areas.
- Then you will be asked several questions about the ratings and we will look at the barriers to achieving a better sense of well-being that may be affecting your ability to get somewhere.
- Together we will explore and develop some goals you want to achieve. This leads to having you develop a higher sense of well-being.
- The Coaching is about helping you to stay on track, stay focused and know there is that light at the end of the tunnel
Ongoing coaching sessions can be done in person, by phone, or by email.
Several group classes will also be organized for those with similar goals.